Literacy Through Community
Supporting literacy in the Saanich Peninsula through a network of community partners, our process involves…
- Identifying local needs and priorities, initiating actions to support literacy development
- Linking groups and individuals to community literacy resources, programs and services
- Collaborating with groups engaged in the provision of literacy programs and services to build on or enhance offerings
- Mobilizing community resources that meet individual and collective literacy needs
The Saanich Peninsula Literacy Task Group is comprised of community representatives committed to strengthening life-long literacy.
Because literacy is directly linked to the well-being and growth of individuals and communities, task group members recognize the importance of literacy as a community building tool and a strategy for supporting economic, social, health and educational goals.
- Beacon Community Services
- Confederation of University Women’s Club
- Greater Victoria Public Library
- Peninsula 1000 x 5 Children’s Book Recycling Project
- Saanich School District (#63)
- Sidney / North Saanich Library
- Victoria Literacy Connection
If you would like to become a member of our Task Group, please contact our Literacy Outreach Coordinator.